The Commerce Solution Engineer is the first layer of contact for prospects of VTEX. The ones responsible for clarifying the VTEX Digital Commerce platform to the ones pursuing to hire VTEX. The CSEs of VTEX are the ones to convince our prospects/leads to hire VTEX. We are an engineering company that approaches sales by product demos and POCs. We don’t sell. We help our clients to buy. What I, as a Commerce Solution Engineer, do:
- Sales & Solution Engineering Process: I translate customer needs into business and architectural solutions. I guide clients through the platform’s technical scenarios, proposing architectures and functionalities that address customer needs. I define the project scope, technical proposal, and pricing. I am responsible for a well-detailed RFP answer comprising the link of our documentation and business cases. I am able to develop products and technical demos and create POCs with the most suitable apps and configurations that match the client’s business demands. I maximize the conversion of opportunities in contracts through my technical knowledge. I am the main responsible for our leads understanding all the modules and functionalities of the VTEX Platform.
- Solution architecture: I am accountable for a well-designed, scalable, and sustainable architecture, guaranteeing our clients’ stores’ velocity and sales performance. I have profound knowledge of the technical architecture present in VTEX client cases, and I can showcase this to our prospects. I guarantee the reliability of the proposed architecture. I am responsible for establishing the timeline and resource allocation for the project (VTEX only sells projects with defined architecture and timeline). I guide our customers to avoid unnecessary complexity.
- Education: I am recognized by the market for my commerce technical authority. I scale VTEX’s knowledge exchange by documenting sales strategies, negotiation, proposal and presentation best practices, and authority building.
What skills should I have to apply to Commerce Solution Engineer in VTEX:
- Commerce Architecture domain knowledge: I am a technical expert, fully aware of VTEX platform capabilities and the commerce ecosystem applied to real cases. Desired certifications: CAC – Level 1, Level 2
- Digital Commerce Knowledge: I am a commerce expert, knowledgeable of commerce solutions for B2C, B2B, Grocery, and DTC. Desired certifications: CMX Level 1, 2 and 3
- VTEX Platform Knowledge: I have deep knowledge of VTEX Platform: deep knowledge of Integrations between platforms and commerce ecosystem and legacy systems.
- RFP’s market structures knowledge: I am able to build a well-detailed RFP answer comprising the link of our documentation and business cases.
- Sales Skills: I am a storyteller, able to sustain a powerful yet easily understandable narrative connecting VTEX solutions with clients’ needs. I can connect with CTO, CIOs, CDOs, and e-commerce managers and make them admire my knowledge of commerce. I strongly believe in VTEX solutions and pricing models; I can defend them, commercially persuading clients despite any adversities. I transform resistance into alliances. I know how to leverage VTEX against other solutions (Salesforce, SAP Hybris, Adobe Commerce, and others) and how to identify opportunities by monitoring the market.
- Precise communication: I am able to connect and read the necessity of the client genuinely. I always seek to profoundly understand the scenario I am in, guiding my clients to the correct solution. I listen to people’s needs with integrity and attention. I am always pursuing the best outcome for our customers (increase sales fast and reduce operational costs)
- Ability to talk and engage technical and non-technical people: I am able to transition between different audiences, identify the right language to apply in each situation, and thus engage and motivate different stakeholders with different strategies.
- Proactivity: I understand the client’s needs and constantly seek to anticipate and solve problems, aiming to guarantee the best performance and, consequently, the best experience for my client. I am able to move action forward and be eager to make things happen through planning and execution. I remain unconditionally constructive and find opportunities in crisis. I pursue active delivery of the RFP by showing the POCs
- Force Multiplier: I constantly seek to scale my impact by sharing knowledge and developing autonomy in others.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Disability Insurance