In this role, you will:
- Participate and engage in corporate strategy on a global level, so English is a must-have.
- Research and advise relevant legal issues in LATAM. Spanish is a must-have.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a wide range of agreements.
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in strategic deals and understand the business and commercial side of agreements while ensuring VTEX’s interests are protected.
- Develop relationships with our commercial teams.
About the Team
We are a global team with employees in three different offices in the LATAM region that ensures VTEX remains safe while selling its services and conducting its business. We aim to be ecommerce specialists and data-driven and to understand the workings of the company and our ecommerce platform because this will make us work better and smarter. We act closely with the VTEX pricing and sales teams to secure strategic deals and train and create self-serving content for other areas of the Company.
Who you are
- An attorney licensed to practice law in Mexico with a commercial and/or e-commerce background.
- With excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills in Spanish and English. Portuguese will be considered a plus.
- Have up to four (4) years of legal experience counted from graduation at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation. Experience in tech companies will be preferred.
- Have a commercial background (this is a must). Candidates that don’t meet this requirement will not be considered for the role.
- Enjoy working collaboratively.
- Able to think of secure solutions for complex contract negotiations with clients.
- Have Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
- Attentive to detail and have a sense of quality.
- Organized and self-motivated to work in an environment with significant autonomy.
- Average user with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite. Power Bi would be a plus!
VTEX (NYSE: VTEX) is the enterprise digital commerce platform where global brands and retailers run their world of commerce. VTEX is trusted by more than 2,400 customers, such as AbInbev, Carrefour, Colgate, Motorola and Whirlpool, with over 3,200 active online stores across 38 countries*.
Founded in the year 2000, VTEX has a history of being unstoppable. Against all odds, VTEX is leading a high-tech industry and positioned above market giants. We are building an extraordinary future with more than 1,700 employees scattered across 18 locations in 12 countries in Latin America, North America, Europe, and Asia.
At VTEX, you will work in a challenge-driven environment and collaborate with amazing peers. If you are powerful individually, join us, and we will be unstoppable together.
* as of FY ended on December 31st, 2021
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule;
- Annual bonus of up to 2 monthly salaries, based on VTEX Global guidelines and targets;
- Reimbursement of 65% for language learning courses;
- Financial help with electrical and internet bills (US dollars);
- Financial help to buy a chair, computer support, and others (US dollars);