About the Team
The Product Localization team enables VTEX’s global expansion by incorporating the linguistic, cultural, and technical requirements for launching our products to diverse markets. Our mission is to deliver a seamless native end-user experience in any language, overcome cultural barriers, and communicate with our audiences effectively.
About the Role
As a Localization Specialist, you will be the primary point of contact for linguistic decisions related to the content of your language, ensure that the terminology and style are relevant and appropriate for the target personas in the market, lead the development of the terminology database and style guide, incorporating feedback from internal stakeholders as well as customers and keeping the translation memory files updated. You will also work with the product team to ensure that customers have a remarkable experience using the localized version of the product, translate English and Portuguese content into target languages as needed, and support the localization team in selecting relevant tools and technology.
This is a fully remote position and you must be based in Brazil.
Who you are
- Professional degree in Translation, Journalism, Communication, Technical Writing, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in localization, UX writing, technical writing, product documentation, or equivalent
- Full professional proficiency in Portuguese, English, and/or Spanish
- Fluency in at least 1 other language is a plus
- Experience translating technology-related content
- Experience using CAT tools
- A natural drive to learn new skills and share knowledge with others
- Analytical and systemic thinking that can design simple solutions to complex problems
- Clear, approachable, and user-friendly communication to share ideas and teach any audience
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas while working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
VTEX (NYSE: VTEX), the enterprise digital commerce platform for premier brands and retailers, is the leader in accelerating commerce transformation in Latin America and now expanding globally.
Our platform enables our customers to execute their commerce strategy, including building online stores, integrating and managing orders across channels, and creating marketplaces to sell products from third-party vendors. VTEX platform is engineered to enterprise-level standards and features. We are trusted by more than 2,000 customers with over 2,500 active online stores across 32 countries, who rely on VTEX to connect with their consumers in a meaningful way*. We have been the vendor of choice for numerous Fortune 500 companies in Latin America and are now becoming the global digital commerce vendor for enterprise brands, including Whirlpool, AB InBev, and Motorola.
According to IDC, VTEX is one of five vendors who “shaped the year 2020” and the fastest-growing digital commerce applications vendor in the top 20 market shares.
*Figures as of FY ended on Dec. 31st, 2020
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Meal Allowance (Flash)
- Transportation assistance
- Possibility to join our equity program
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Child Care assistance
- Extended parental leaves
- VTEX Care: our financial, legal, and mental assistance program
- Gympass partnership
- Language scholarship: 65% subsidies in English, Spanish, Portuguese courses
- Free shipping on 1000+ VTEX store