ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking talented Data Engineers that have expertise in collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of technical challenges related to analyzing and organizing raw data, building data systems and pipelines, identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
You will be able to take these skills and put them into one of the most powerful commerce infrastructures that transform global commerce.
ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of our Insights & Analytics team, whose responsibility is to deliver accessible data to power decision-making at VTEX.
We have two main team in the area:
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at VTEX in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and VTEX data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
The team has a huge impact on our operation, dealing with millions of events and requests per day. We also have the challenge to keep data available for our partners (third party apps) to have access to our data infrastructure.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have exceptional communication skills and ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders;
- You have experience with the internals of a distributed compute engine such as Spark;
- You have experience in query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance;
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure;
- You have experience with security products and methods;
- You have experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases;
- You have experience with big data tools.
VTEX (NYSE: VTEX) is the enterprise digital commerce platform where global brands and retailers run their world of commerce. VTEX is trusted by more than 2,400 customers, such as AbInbev, Carrefour, Colgate, Motorola and Whirlpool, with over 3,200 active online stores across 38 countries*.
Founded in the year 2000, VTEX has a history of being unstoppable. Completely against the odds, VTEX is leading a high-tech industry and positioned above market giants. We are building an extraordinary future with more than 1,700 employees scattered across 18 locations in 12 countries in Latin America, North America, Europe, and Asia.
At VTEX, you will work in a challenge-driven environment and collaborate with amazing peers. If you are powerful individually, join us, and we will be unstoppable together.
*as of FY ended on December 31st, 2021
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Meal Allowance (Flash)
- Transportation assistance
- Possibility to join our equity program
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Child Care assistance
- Extended parental leaves
- VTEX Care: our financial, legal, and mental assistance program
- Gympass partnership
- Language scholarship: 65% subsidies in English, Spanish, Portuguese courses
- Free shipping on 1000+ VTEX stores