ABOUT THE TEAM
The First Party Apps team is responsible for the creation of products and solutions for all the customers that have VTEX accounts. Today we work alongside the Customer Experience team, focusing on the customer’s needs and the right experience on our platform. We are looking for an engineer that can create solutions ranging from ecommerce to physical store solutions, but also extend to financial services and even tools that empower partners and clients. Our stack consists mostly of .NET for CPU-bound applications, Node.js + Typescript for IO-bound services, and a pinch of Golang here and there. On the front-end, we leverage React stuffed with Typescript and served with GraphQL on the side.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for providing technical guidance to our different partners, guaranteeing the correct usage of VTEX APIs and VTEX IO, considering the best architecture in terms of business impact. The objective is to co-create with the partner the right experience, focusing on their success and helping identify product issues and opportunities, gathering partner feedback as insights into the product evolution.
WHO YOU ARE:
– You have experience working with engineering;
– Digital commerce experience;
– You have a tech & math mindset, providing simple solutions to complex problems;
– You have advanced English knowledge (preferred).
As an engineer who builds our front-end first-party apps:
– You have experience defining and implementing standards and frameworks;
– You have the ability to profile and optimize components performance focusing on improving UX;
– You have experience working with a mobile-first approach;
As an engineer who builds our back-end first-party apps, you’ll need to:
– Have experience evolving in large-scale and resilient microservices with 24/7 uptime;
– Have experience with design and building low-latency and highly available APIs;
Even though we value familiarity with our technology stack, we don’t require that you have any previous knowledge of it. We’ve found that people who have a solid grasp of fundamental software engineering skills combined with a growth mindset fit in well at VTEX – and all the people we’ve found matching this profile are proficient in at least one programming stack.