About the role
The Solution Engineer is an experienced professional who supports the VTEX Sales team and has a strong relationship with the development and professional services team, keeping up-to-date with the platform’s potential. The solution engineer helps the sales team to highlight the main business benefits to prospecting customers. Multifunctional skills such as sales planning and understanding the needs of our partners are expected of solution engineers.
About the team
The Solution Engineer team is the support and engine of the VTEX Sales Team. The team seeks to guide and find scalable solutions for our potential customers. The team is trained and prepared to define the project scope, technical proposal, and pricing to reinforce the Sales team approach.
- Engage and convince CIOs and CTOs
- Designs, describes, and manages VTEX-based solutions to specific business problems – from the way the platform is implemented, to the necessary apps and integrations for each client.
- Is responsible for introducing a technical vision, architecture proposal and implementation process that best suit the customer needs
- Describes the structure, features, and product behaviour to clients and stakeholders.
- Answer RFPs, RFIs, lead PoC implementation and create supporting documentations
Who you are
- A professional with at least 5 years of experience in various areas of IT, from development to project management;
- You have experience in PreSales/Solution Engineering role – at least 2 years;
- You have experience in ecommerce for at least 4 years;
- You have experience in the ecommerce platform landscape for at least 2 years;
- You have experience in developing working relationships across all levels of management: C-level, director, managers and developers;
- A technically-minded person with solid knowledge about APIs and data management.
- You can translate complexity into simple solutions;
- You have a tech & math mindset and ability to analyse the customer’s scenarios before proposing any solution;
- You are fluent English.
VTEX (NYSE: VTEX), the enterprise digital commerce platform for premier brands and retailers, is the leader in accelerating commerce transformation in Latin America and now expanding globally.
Our platform enables our customers to execute their commerce strategy, including building online stores, integrating and managing orders across channels, and creating marketplaces to sell products from third-party vendors. VTEX platform is engineered to enterprise-level standards and features. We are trusted by more than 2,000 customers with over 2,500 active online stores across 32 countries, who rely on VTEX to connect with their consumers in a meaningful way*. We have been the vendor of choice for numerous Fortune 500 companies in Latin America and are now becoming the global digital commerce vendor for enterprise brands, including Whirlpool, AB InBev, and Motorola.
According to IDC, VTEX is one of five vendors who “shaped the year 2020” and the fastest-growing digital commerce applications vendor in the top 20 market shares.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Reimbursement of up to 65% for foreign language classes (English, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian)
- Permanent job contract
- Paid time off