VTEX is the only multitenant commerce platform capable of unifying experiences in all sales channels. With a robust solution, scalable cloud infrastructure, and powerful tooling, our platform accelerates the transformation of complex operations.
2500+ online stores of varying sizes and segments, with operations in 32 countries and global expansion, have at VTEX the solution for the online sale of their products, among them major names such as Sony, Motorola, Walmart, Whirlpool, Coca-Cola, Stanley Black & Decker, and Nestlé.
TRUST TO BE TRUSTED: We believe with eyes closed and delegate responsibilities. To be trustworthy you need honesty, transparency and consistency in quality and performance. This is the great pillar of all relationships that involve VTEX within and outside the company. We’re trust-first.
BUILD FOR COMMUNITY: It’s all about being ready to grow and reach new levels with others. Have a clear purpose, collective thinking and a flexible essence, and you’re building for community. We are global but we’re audacious enough to aim for the stars.
BE BOLD: Boldness is about challenging the status quo and not being afraid to make mistakes or take risks. We test new alternatives, walk into the unknown and explore possibilities no one thought about. To be bold is to apologize instead of asking for permission.
HOW WE WORK
• We’re building the infrastructure for global commerce. We create solutions that range from e-commerce to physical store solutions, but also extend to financial services and even tools to empower partner and client’s devs
•Build services and workflows that are adaptable enough to fit our current and future enterprise demands
•Evolve and scale our infrastructure to keep up with our 50% YOY growth
•Deliver our engineering expertise through our serverless development platform
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
• Our team is built by bringing together bright and inquisitive engineers and a lot of tough problems. We’ve seen this setting fostering ownership, allowing engineers to deeply understand and have the initiative to solve our daily challenges.
Our stack consists mostly of .NET for CPU-bound applications, Node.js + Typescript for IO-bound services and a pinch of Golang here and there. On the frontend, we leverage React stuffed with Typescript and served with GraphQL on the side.
As an engineer who builds our frontend first party apps, you’ll get to:
• Design and build our core store components with a mobile-first approach – if you’re interested to take a look at our design system
• Define and implement standards and frameworks that bootstrap thousands of VTEX partner agencies
• Profile and optimize our components performance focusing on improving UX
As an engineer who builds our backends first party apps, you’ll get to:
• Evolve large-scale and resilient microservices with 24/7 uptime
• Design and build low-latency and highly available APIs
Depending on your role, you might perform any non-empty combination of these tasks. We also expect and encourage every engineer to join our tech discussions, elaborate processes and build tools that raise the bar of our engineering practices and to take part in the hiring and onboarding of new team members.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
• You are passionate about solving complex business problems with simple and elegant development solutions
• Working with our tech and learning about commerce sounds exciting
• You are keen to learn new concepts and not afraid to adapt to new paradigms
• Working in a team that values initiative and ownership feels right to you
• You are able to design simple solutions to complex problems
• You are willing to question and suggest alternatives to existing approaches
Even though we value familiarity with our technology stack, we don’t require that you have any previous knowledge of it. We’ve found that people who have a solid grasp of fundamental software engineering skills combined with a growth mindset fit in well at VTEX – and all the people we’ve found with this profile proficient in at least one programming stack.
If you like how we think and want to see more about our challenges, let’s talk!